Re: ST crashes

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:01:01 -0800, "Hammond, Mark"
<Mark.Hammond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I too had been struck by the number of crashes, or, more precisely, by
>the number of 0-5 mph drops.
>
>Taking Eric's and Martin's cases together I make that 8 out of 20.
>
>So, just to make the statistics more meaningful, I'd better add mine,
>although it happened a couple of months back.  I didn't post it because
>I reckoned it wasn't too interesting, just very annoying...

Well, since we are coming clean on all our crunches, I have one that I
didn't post about 'cause it wasn't really a drop. I got hit from
behind by a cage a couple of weeks ago. It sounds worse than it was
though - she hit my left-side pannier, not the bike itself. Still, it
destroyed the pannier, the pannier rail, the left-side tail panel and
tweaked the subframe. I didn't drop the bike though.