Re: ST Crashes

- ----- Original Message -----
 <Mark.Hammond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: ST crashes
>
> I too had been struck by the number of crashes, or, more precisely, by
> the number of 0-5 mph drops.

I darn near dropped mine while seated with the engine off, pushing it
backwards along the sidewalk in front of a restaurant in order to park right
by the front door. I had her tipped way way over and through my Herculean
strentgh ( and a quart of adrenalin ) saved the potential tip. After lifting
up my dropped KLR 650 frequently, I can only conclude 1 of 2 things. Either
A#1 $12000 means a lot more to me than most or B#2 I have been lucky to this
point.
On the other hand, I think we have all heard the saying " 2 kinds of riders,
those that have gone down, and those that are on the way". Is there anyone
on this list who has never crashed? I personally ate the back of a station
wagon while on a 76 XT 500. Hot summer day, girl on the sidewalk in Daisy
Duke  shorts, you figure it out.

CA Stu
99 KLR 650 < I love the ground.
99 Sprint ST < I am way too expensive to beat, take the other bike today.