Another Crasher part 2

- ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BF433A.87964680

>>>I to just crashed my ST. Ran=20

Sorry about that, my wife mistakenly sent the email before I could =
finish it.
About a month ago a friend and were cruising the mountain twistees near =
Park City,  UT.  We were both hard into the turns when I hit some gravel =
near the side of the road.  The rear wheel went out from under the ST =
and we both went over a 20 foot embankment.  Luckily landed on a pile of =
sand.  I was not hurt at all thanks to my Triumph riding suit and =
helmet.  The ST was not so lucky!  Bike had damage to both sides of =
fairing, bent left handlebar, left mirror, footpeg and shift lever. =20

We got a tow truck to pull the bike out of the ditch, started it up and =
rode it home (60 miles) in third gear (no shift lever).

After alot of work and $2000 worth of parts, the ST is as good as new.

I feel the accident was the bikes fault, because the ST feels so secure =
and handles so well, I got over confident and thought I was a road =
racer.

PS      I also installed the carbon fiber exhaust and just love the =
sound.  Remapped the FI and can notice some midrange improvement in =
power.=20

Chuck
'99 Red ST

- ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BF433A.87964680

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&gt;&gt;&gt;I to just crashed my ST. Ran =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry about that, my wife&nbsp;mistakenly sent&nbsp;the email =
before I=20
could finish it.</DIV>
<DIV>About a month ago a friend and were cruising the mountain twistees =
near=20
Park City,  UT.&nbsp; We were both hard into the turns when I hit some =
gravel=20
near the side of the road.&nbsp; The rear wheel went out from under the =
ST and=20
we both went over a 20 foot embankment.&nbsp; Luckily landed on a pile =
of=20
sand.&nbsp; I was not hurt at all thanks to my Triumph riding suit and=20
helmet.&nbsp; The ST was not so lucky!&nbsp; Bike had damage to both =
sides of=20
fairing, bent left handlebar, left mirror, footpeg and shift =
lever.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We got a tow truck to pull the bike out of the ditch, started it up =
and=20
rode it home (60 miles) in third gear (no shift lever).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After alot of work and $2000 worth of parts, the ST is as good as=20
new.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I feel the accident was the bikes fault, because the ST feels so =
secure and=20
handles so well, I got over confident&nbsp;and thought I was a road =
racer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I also installed the carbon fiber =
exhaust=20
and just&nbsp;love the sound.&nbsp; Remapped the FI and can notice some =
midrange=20
improvement in power.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chuck</DIV>
<DIV>'99 Red ST</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BF433A.87964680--