Personal Introduction . . .

- ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BF4470.AEF3C360

Hello, folks,

I've been enjoying this list since last summer,  after having had the =
opportunity of riding an ST (I was blown away!).   I have even made the =
occasional posting to the list when I thought I had something worthwhile =
to add.  Last month,  I ordered a blue 2K model with bags, heated grips, =
rear cowling, and performance pipe for spring delivery,  so I thought it =
was time to introduce myself to my new riding buddies and fellow ST =
enthusiasts . . .=20

I'm 47 years young, with a wonderful wife and 17 year-old daughter, a =
dog, 3 cats, and a parrot!   I'm a retired marketing manager and we live =
in Oakville, Ontario - about an hour west of the beautiful city of =
Toronto.

I've been riding for 30 years.  My first bike was a 1971 Honda CB450 =
twin, which I quickly traded in on a BMW.  Since then, I've toured most =
of North America on a succession of BMWs.  When my daughter was 7,  I =
built a beautiful BMW/EML sidecar rig so the three of us could ride =
together - it was a wonderful time!   You can't imagine how many people =
you meet when you're riding a sidecar rig!  I've also owned and loved a =
handful of Laverdas and Ducatis,  including a rare MHR (Mike Hailwood =
Replica) which I sold long before they became so collectible (if only =
I'd known!).  I'm sure many of you have former bikes that you now regret =
having let go of . . .

Last summer,  I attended a Triumph-sponsored ride day at my local dealer =
and rode the ST.  I was truly impressed, especially by that amazing =
motor.  It seemed like the almost perfect 'do everything' motorcycle.  =
So, I spent the entire summer and fall trying to figure out how I could =
keep my cherished current bike - a 1996 Ducati 900SS SP with lots of =
trick parts - and still buy the ST.  Finally, I came to the realisation =
that, with my daughter starting university next fall, two bikes in my =
garage was not going to happen anytime soon!  After also acknowledging =
that the type of riding I really missed was the long distance touring =
and that the Ducati was strictly a Sunday morning and track day bike =
which I was only riding about 3K km. each year,  the decision became =
easier.  Last month,  I traded the Ducati for the ST.  The Ducati was =
worth a fair bit of money,  so it ended up being almost an even trade =
for the Triumph.  I'll be taking delivery of my new ST in late March,  =
just as the last snow leaves the ground . . .

That's my story.  Sorry if it's a bit long, but I'm only going to tell =
it once!   Before I go,  though,  I just wanted to comment briefly on =
this amazing ST list . . .=20

I've subscribed to many motorcycle lists,  especially the BMW and Ducati =
ones,  and there's simply no list that is even close to this one in =
terms of the friendliness, support, and sense of camaraderie that I find =
on the ST list.  All the postings are positive in nature and supportive =
of the writer's request or dilemma.  Postings are non-critical,  even =
when the questions are pretty basic or have been answered many times =
before.  It's like a breath of fresh air,  and I truly look forward to =
reading your postings each day.

In closing,  let me say how much I look forward to meeting as many of =
you on the road as I can, starting with Americade in early June.  Also,  =
let me extend to all of you a sincere invitation to visit,  should you =
ever find yourself in the vicinity of Toronto.  I have a large heated =
and secure garage with a well-equipped workshop for doing maintenance.  =
You and your bike would be most welcome, at any time.  It would also be =
my pleasure to show you the local roads and points of interest.

Sincerely,

Paul Wilson
Toronto, Canada=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BF4470.AEF3C360

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Hello, folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I've been enjoying this list since =
last=20
summer,&nbsp; after having had the opportunity of riding an ST (I was =
blown=20
away!).&nbsp;&nbsp; I have even made the occasional posting to the list =
when I=20
thought I had something worthwhile to add.&nbsp; Last month,&nbsp; I =
ordered a=20
blue 2K model with bags, heated grips, rear cowling, and performance =
pipe for=20
spring delivery,&nbsp; so I thought it was time to introduce myself to =
my new=20
riding buddies and fellow ST enthusiasts . . . </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm 47 years young, with a wonderful =
wife and 17=20
year-old daughter, a dog, 3 cats, and a parrot!&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm a =
retired=20
marketing manager and we live in Oakville, Ontario - about an hour west =
of the=20
beautiful city of Toronto.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I've been riding for 30 years.&nbsp; =
My first=20
bike was a 1971 Honda CB450 twin, which I quickly traded in on a =
BMW.&nbsp;=20
Since then, I've toured most of North America on a succession of =
BMWs.&nbsp;=20
When my daughter was 7,&nbsp; I built a beautiful BMW/EML sidecar rig so =
the=20
three of us could ride together - it was a wonderful time!&nbsp;&nbsp; =
You can't=20
imagine how many people you meet when you're riding a sidecar rig!&nbsp; =
I've=20
also owned and loved a handful of Laverdas and Ducatis,&nbsp; including =
a rare=20
MHR (Mike Hailwood Replica) which I sold long before they became so =
collectible=20
(if only I'd known!).&nbsp; I'm sure many of you have former bikes that =
you now=20
regret having let go of . . .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Last summer,&nbsp; I attended a=20
Triumph-sponsored ride day at my local dealer and rode the ST.&nbsp; I =
was truly=20
impressed, especially by that amazing motor.&nbsp; It seemed like the =
almost=20
perfect 'do everything' motorcycle.&nbsp; So, I spent the entire summer =
and fall=20
trying to figure out how I could keep my cherished current bike - a 1996 =
Ducati=20
900SS SP with lots of trick parts - and still buy the ST.&nbsp; Finally, =
I came=20
to the realisation that, with my daughter starting university next fall, =
two=20
bikes in my garage was not going to happen anytime soon!&nbsp; After =
also=20
acknowledging that the type of riding I really missed was the long =
distance=20
touring and that the Ducati was strictly a Sunday morning and track day =
bike=20
which I was only riding about 3K km. each year,&nbsp; the decision =
became=20
easier.&nbsp; Last month,&nbsp; I traded the Ducati for the ST.&nbsp; =
The Ducati=20
was worth a fair bit of money,&nbsp; so it ended up being almost an even =
trade=20
for the Triumph.&nbsp; I'll be taking delivery of my new ST in late =
March,&nbsp;=20
just as the last snow leaves the ground . . .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>That's my story.&nbsp; Sorry if it's =
a bit long,=20
but I'm only going to tell it once!&nbsp;&nbsp; Before I go,&nbsp; =
though,&nbsp;=20
I just wanted to comment briefly on this amazing ST list . .=20
.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I've subscribed to many motorcycle =
lists,&nbsp;=20
especially the BMW and Ducati ones,&nbsp; and there's simply no list =
that is=20
even close to this one in terms of the friendliness, support, and sense =
of=20
camaraderie that I find on the ST list.&nbsp; All the postings are =
positive in=20
nature and supportive of the writer's request or dilemma.&nbsp; Postings =
are=20
non-critical,&nbsp; even when the questions are pretty basic or have =
been=20
answered many times before.&nbsp; It's like a breath of fresh air,&nbsp; =
and I=20
truly look forward to reading your postings each day.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>In closing,&nbsp; let me say how =
much I look=20
forward to meeting as many of you on the road as I can, starting with =
Americade=20
in early June.&nbsp; Also,&nbsp; let me extend to all of you a sincere=20
invitation to visit,&nbsp; should you ever find yourself in the vicinity =
of=20
Toronto.&nbsp; I have a large heated and secure garage with a =
well-equipped=20
workshop for doing maintenance.&nbsp; You and your bike would be most =
welcome,=20
at any time.&nbsp; It would also be my pleasure to show you the local =
roads and=20
points of interest.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Paul Wilson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Toronto, =
Canada&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01BF4470.AEF3C360--