Potential problem?

Hello All,

Thought I might pick your collective brains. I'm not very mechanically
minded  and  prefer  bikes that I can just get on and go. Motorcycling
for  me  is the equivalent of golf i.e. therapy and the opportunity to
get away from the cellphone!

I've  had  my  Sprint for eight months now, covered some 5,000 kms and
love it. Haven't have any problems apart from the well publicised fuel
gauge  issues  and having the engine cut out three times when dropping
from second to first in very tight corners. Most disconcerting!

Anyway,  last  weekend,  and  as luck would have it, in the company of
another  550  or  so  other  bikes,  mine stalled in first gear from a
standing  start  whilst accelerating across a busy intersection. I was
not changing gear and had already built up speed.

I had put this down to user error but a little while later, during the
tight'n'twisty  stage  of  the  same ride, I could hear a light retort
when  I  changed  down  whilst  cornering.  Not  quite  a bang, like a
slapping a heavy plastic bag and not every corner - just some.

On the straights and wider corners no problem but I have the suspicion
of a little more vibration but I could be imagining it.

Anyone  with any ideas? Need I worry? Should I take it in to my dealer
who is about one and a half hours away?

Suggestions appreciated.

Best regards,
 Steve                          mailto:spcole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sky Consulting Ltd. Tel:+64 6 377 7399  Fax:+64 6 377 7366
  Information Systems Consultancy and Project Management
 227F Upper Plain Road, RD8, Masterton, 5921, New Zealand
  Steve Colebrooke Mobile:+64 25 840 854  ICQ UIN:807818
  Stephanie Young  Mobile:+64 25 840 853  ICQ UIN:859455
Emails skycon,spcole&skyoung are all @sky-consulting.co.nz