New member introduction

Hi,

I thought I'd respond to the request to post a little about myself.  I
just joined the list last week.

I am not yet the owner of a Sprint; I've put a deposit on a 2000
Eclipse Blue Sprint RS and should take delivery in January (fingers
crossed).  I know this is an ST list, but since there is no RS list
yet, this seemed like a good place for useful information about the
bike, since they share a lot in common.

My current ride is a 1998 Honda Nighthawk CB750.  While I enjoy
this bike, I have been yearning for a bike with a more modern
frame/suspension with a little more zip, and have been sort of
drooling over the ST for about six months.  Then I saw the first
reports and pictures of the RS and my mind became set.  I really
like the half-faired look of the machine.  I've heard almost nothing
but good reviews on the ST (even the latest Sport Rider magazine
rated the ST the best sport-tourer), so given the commonality, I
think I'm making a good choice.

The RS does lack the option of hard bags (Triumph has no plans
for hard bags for the RS line), which gave me pause, but I don't
have use for bags that often and my Eclipse luggage should work
fine for when I do.  I probably will have to buy a different tank bag,
as mine is magnetic and I think the airbox on the RS is not metal.

I live in California, in the San Francisco Bay area; I live on the east
bay side, so much of my riding is in the hills above  Oakland and
Berkeley, but I do venture far and wide.

Well, that's about it.  I look forward to reading and participating in
this group.

Keith Winter