Flowing (was: Re: Challenge to Your Riding Record)

> From: Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:37:28 -0800
> To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Challenge to Your Riding Record
>
> I've also felt the opposite for one reason or another, and on those days
> it's important to recognize that and ride your own ride and not try to keep
> up to someone else's standard.

Well said Matt. Anytime I'm riding with a group (or even one other person) I
make a point of saying "don't ride beyond your comfort level". Interesting
that on the same bike, same road, same weather conditions, one's comfort
level can vary greatly.

Knowledge and understanding of this "comfort level" well defines the level
of maturity required to safely ride a motorcycle at speed. As one's riding
skill, and subconscious understanding of the motorcycle increases, so does
one's comfort level.

Regards,

Gord.

- --