Re: corbin saddle

Brian, I'm 6'3", 200 lbs, and my wife is 5'2", and 98 lbs (hold the jokes,
please).  So, as you can guess, she pretty well hides behind me no matter
what we're on.  The one thing I can tell you is that your pillion will ride
about 2" higher than before, where you will be about the same, if a little
lower.  Don't know whether that will help you or not.  Also, my wife doesn't
ride with me much, either because she prefers to ride her own Ducati, or
because she views me as too old to be reliable, so we're not experts on
riding two up.

Matt, I went out and checked, and my legs clear the fairing by an inch or
so.  I must be built funny, as I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam.  Most of my
length is in my torso (again, hold the humor). This saddle will sit you back
some, so it might help you.

Since the snow flurries stopped, I rode some more today, alternating between
saddles.  This is the first time I've had a Corbin saddle that I wasn't
immediately convinced that the Corbin was scads better than stock.  I like
the saddle, I'm just not sure that the position is better for me.  When the
wife gets home, I'll try to get some measurments regarding lean angle on
both saddles.  I do know that I'm not sure where to sit on it yet, more
forward or more back.  Guess I need to ride more!

>Dave-How tall are you and your wife? I'm particularly curious as to her feelings
>about the wind buffeting (less, more, same?).

>Has anyone who has long enough legs to have their knees hit the fairing
>been able to correct this problem with a new seat?

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website