Crash repair

I got my blue baby back from the shop yesterday. It was in for the
meeting I had with asphalt in NYC in October. Here's the damage (all
amounts are in US dollars):

T2301904-JM	Right Upper Fairing	206.10
T2301901-JM	Right Middle Fairing	339.55
T2301913-JM	Right Lower Cowl	155.45
T2300555	Mirror, Right side	81.12
T2705290	Right Front Signal	40.74
T2040975	Bar end weight		20.51
T2301777	Mounting Bracket	2.81
T2301778	Bracket			2.28
T2080587	Peg Bracket		66.65
T2080144	Peg Feeler		10.26
Labor					210.00
Tax					68.13

Prior repair:
T2025420	Brake Pedal		73.93
Labor					18.00
Tax					5.52

Grand Total:				1301.05

The only signs of the crash are on the front brake lever, the pillion
peg and the stock can.

Some of you may be asking why did it take so long for the repairs (went
down on 10/1, bike repaired 12/18, 11 weeks (I'm sure Bill Flowers has
an elevated heart rate right about now)). My insurance company cut me a
check on 10/21. I ordered the parts that day. When I ordered the parts
the service manager and I agreed that since we were waiting for my
panniers to come in all the work could be done in one shot.

In late November I called to find out what was the status on the
panniers and the crash parts. The parts counter told me that they had a
set of blue panniers come in but there was no name with the order. They
figured it was ordered for a new sale so they notified the sales
department. As for the crash parts, they connected me with the service
department. I was told that all my parts were in and they were waiting
for the panniers.

"What we have he-ya is a fail-ya to communicate."

I scheduled an appointment for when the mechanic would be back from
vacation, they would have a 2 day slot and I could either pick-up or
drop off the bike on a saturday. December 16 & 17 fit the criteria. So,
in reality it was not a big delay. 3 weeks for insurance check, 4 weeks
(approx.) for waiting for parts, 1 week (approx.) of communication
breakdown, 3 weeks for appointment delay.

Besides, last week it was too cold and rainy to ride to work.

- --
Steve Lawler
New Jersey
2000 Sprint ST (Blue, of course, with no more ugly white marks)
1980 Honda CM400T "My Little Red Putt-Putt"

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde