Which Bike??

Hi Triumph Folks!
Seems like it's been a slow weekend on all (3) Triumph lists I belong to, so
I thought I'd introduce myself as so many others have done recently. And, I
apologize right up front to you 'multi-list' members that are receiving this
more than once, but I wanted to cover as wide a base as possible.
I have been riding and owning motorcycles for over 30 years, mostly Euro
bikes, BMWs, Guzzis, Laverda, Ducati, MZ, Norton Triumph, etc. Have had 3-4
from Japan, but couldn't warm up to any of them, even the well spoken of
VFR-800.
My current ride is a Thunderbird Sport ('99 red/black solo seat, fly screen,
off road pipes, centerstand). I love the bike for what it is, but I am not
sure it is the best choice I could have made for the riding I do. To further
complicate matters, when I had the TBS in for first service, my dealer lent
me a '00 Sprint ST. WoW!
What a bike....while the styling may be described as somewhat sedate, riding
the bike was pure bliss. When I got back on my TBS, I felt like I was riding
a 30 year old motorcycle! Don't take that the wrong way - no put down
intended - it's just my impression. They're different bikes built for
different purposes. My TBS is wonderful for the solo rides in and around the
back roads of  rural Pennsylvania where I live, but on occasion when I ride
with my friends (BMW K1200RS, R1100 S), we like to cover the near by
interstates at 80-100+ mph blasts, and for this, the TBS was just not made.
Mostly, the wind blast becomes too intense at speeds over 80 or so, and in
the cold winters here, the ST's fairing would be a blessing. My dilemma is
this: I have a chance to buy a '00 ST and I would be getting what I paid for
my TBS, it's almost too good to pass up. Of course I would like to keep the
TBS AND buy the ST, but it just can't be done.  I know in the end this is a
personal choice as are all things related to this nutty passion of ours - any
thoughts, comments, opinions, flames, greatly appreciated.

John Heinzer
Coatesville Pa.
'99 TBS

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website

End of st-digest V1999 #336