Hugger installation

I fitted a hugger last weekend (to my bike, that is!) and, like a few others
on the list, I wrestled with the thing for a while, trying to "offer it up"
as the instructions so precisely put it.  Finally, I discovered it slides in
easily from the left side, up behind the pillion foot peg and under the
brake line.  No need to struggle with pushing the hugger up above the rear
wheel, or to undo the rivets holding the hugger onto the chain guard.

I've sent a picture to Eric for inclusion on the accessories page, with a
slightly grubby hand to show how the hugger slides into place.  I had
already loosened the pannier mounting hardware, but I'm not sure if it's
really necessary.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of fitting a hugger!

Neil

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website