Re: Celebration .....

Eric,
  I also enjoyed a Winter Solstice ride last night.  It was below zero last
night in Wisconsin, but with the aid of an oil sump heater left on for 12 hrs.
she fired right up and my wife and I took her out for a spin.  The ground was
covered with snow but having that extra wheel kept her from tipping over.
After a thorough warm up I gave her full throttle and she just flew.  The night
was just beautiful with that bright moon even though it was slightly overcast.
We didn't even get cold with the heat coming out of the fairing.  After an hour
or so of checking out the sights (ever see snow making machines at a ski resort
work when it's below zero?  Talk about a blizzard!), we headed back home.
After putting her away we decided that winter really wasn't so bad after all.

Merry Christmas to everyone,
Dan

BTW,  if you think we are crazy enough to ride the ST in this weather think
again.  The celebration ride was in our Ercoupe flying at about 1000 ft.!

Eric Sheley wrote:

> Well, I just returned from my Winter Solstice celebration...
>
> It all started at the company party tonight - I was talking to a few people
> about the full moon and the subject changed to the Winter Solstice - the
> official time was said to be 2:45 a.m. EST  .... so I decided that I needed
> to take advantage of the nice weather and the awesome full moon and break
> out the ST to celebrate.
>
> The ride was awesome - the temperature was a very mild 66 degrees F - and
> in honor of our northern riders, I even left the vents on the leather
> jacket open! ;-) The moon did an awesome job of lighting up the scenery and
> I found myself wising on several occasions that I had a way to switch off
> the lights.....

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website