Re: One week ST special, dealers and test drives.

Actually, 8,999 is what I payed for my bike. I was all happy thinking
I got a great deal, and I did on the bike, but the dealer basicly made
up for it by charging a few points on the loan and it looks to be a little
extra on the frate and setup. Which I wouldn't have minded, they got
to make some mony somehow, and as I alway pay off my loans earily
the numbers still work in my favor. The only real issue I had is they
completely lied about it and I of course found out afterwards.

 I think I am finally starting to get over. After I busted them about it,
they have been giving me deals on accessaries, which is helping.

So, just be aware, these guys are tricky.

PS. I was at the BWM dealler today and he gave me the same
explaination as the Triumph dealler did as to why they can't let me
have a test drive. "The bike is not fully prep'ed. There not even any
oil in it." After I explained that I wasn't going to buy from them
without a test drive, they back down to give me a around the block
in 5 min drive. And ofcourse he found that there was oil in the bike
after all.

 Whats really funny is when I got home, I had a letter from BWM
saying that they have a really good test drive program that thats more
than just around the block. And they recommend the same dealler
that I was just at.

 So, I guess the moral of the story is avoid dealers that have something
good like Triumph or BWM and something else like Honda. Although
they seem to still have the best deals, as they sell more bikes, and that
is if you can get passed the lies.

John Stossel
Los Angeles,
99 Sprint ST.
And in addition, maybe a BMW 1150 GS owner come tomorrow,
if the deal is good enough.