New tyre break-in

Greg & Lorinda:
	Whenever I buy a new bike, I first put the bike on the Centre stand and put it into
first gear with the engine running. I use 120 grit silicon carbide paper and lightly abrade
the mould release off the tyres, especially the rear. I then take some mineral spirit (white
spirit to Brits) on a clean cloth and wipe the tyre compleatly to remove anything
remaining that might be slippery. I then rub the tyre with another piece of clean 120 grit
sandpaper until the entire tread is an even dull finish. No smoothe or shiny spots. Do not
overdo it. I then take it nice and easy for the next 100 or so miles, especially in the
curves.  Cold weather means less traction, so take it easy.
Happy New Year and Hogmany,
Howard Stephen Serlick
Philadelphia, PA
'00 Blue ST "Weasel"

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website