Re: Suspension

Rick, Here's my take on this subject. Four things have come to mind. 1.
Heavier
progressive springs. Spend the money here. Putting spacers in other
machines has
helped for a while but in the end, I'd rather put my faith in
engineering and not
worry about binding, or sacking one before the other. Race tech working
over the
front forks is probably going to net the best results. 2. I think for
the average
joe, and or fast smooth joe, the rear shock is fine. Just tinker with it
after
the forks are done, looking for a good match. It seems reasonable to me
that
there is enough engineering in the back shock that it is up to the gvwr
of the
machine we ride.  3. Tires. This is the one I struggle with the most on
all the
machines I've owned (since a pasty faced 14 now 40!). Getting the best
compromise
or performance for your particular riding style. 4. I have ridden around
alot of
machines faults by really really trying to be smooth. Not upsetting the
suspension, trailing a little back brake at times, good throttle
trailing (key)
etc. I guess the bottom line is the forks for my money.  What do you
think if we
could only do one of the many options? Really enjoyed your comments,
made me
think and helped me prioritize. Best Regards, Steve.