Re: New Owner

Ken Pickett <gnmojo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote of a great and wondrous event that
occurred this Christmas season:

>I picked up my 2000 Black ST yesterday! I couldn't be happier! I have
>a few questions though.

Congratulations.  Too bad about the color.  ;-)

>1) How many of you have managed the self control necessary to get
>through the first stage of break in ( less than 3500 RPM). This is not
>easy : (  Talk about dangling a carrot!

I did, at least for the most part.  But, boy, was it difficult!

>2) How long before the hideous warning stickers on the tank were
>history? I didn't even get my riding jacket off before those were
>removed.

Mine were off (at my request) before I even picked up the bike.  Except for
the one reminding me of the breakin RPM limits.  Now that I'm at 999 miles
(yeah, why couldn't I have gone just one more mile the other day) that too
will be history.

>3) I can't comment on the speed of the black verses red  considering
>I'm still in break in, but, having ridden all three colors and I must
>say the black handles the best! Agree?

Black was my 2nd choice color (rode one for a demo when the Triumph truck
was in town), but the dealer had a blue in-stock and no black due to arrive,
so the decision was obvious.  :-)

>Another satisfied customer,

I think I can see your grin lighting up my eastern sky from here.  :-)

>Ken Pickett
>Orlando, FL

It appears that we are getting a good group of central Florida ST riders
going.  There are a few in the Tampa Bay area (at least one lurks on this
list -- you know who you are Curt and it is time to introduce yourself).
We've got to somehow arrange a central location to meet someday.

Hey, what is everyone (in FL) doing the afternoon of January 1?  Or are some
of you chained to computers in fear of Y2K?  I've got a RAT ride January 2,
but meeting other ST riders would be a great way to start the New Year!
- --
Bill Flowers
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
Clearwater FL

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website