Re: first trip

"ann k.curcio" wrote:
> I rode my ST about 100 mi. today and what a difference the adjustment made.
> No more false neutrals and only two missed gears.  If anyone out there has not
> adjusted their shifter to the lowest possible position do it right now.
> Shifting effort is greatly reduced and much smoother.  I would have never
> guessed this would make so much difference.  Thanks again for the tip!

Dan,

You may want to similarly lower your rear brake pedal.  I did both the
brake and the shifter on Marlene's bike immediately after my first ride
on it.  Big improvement on both sides.

BTW, on the shifter, be careful that the pedal still has clearance to
the linkage when the pedal is at the lowest possible deflection so as
not to break this aluminum part!

Mark
- --
Best Regards,

Mark S. Patrick
Avon Lake, Ohio
BMWMOC BMWMOA BMWRA IBMWR
His:  '99 BMW R1100RT - Opal Blue
Hers: '99 Triumph Sprint ST - Tornado Red