Re: heated grips switch

st-digest wrote:
> Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 16:24:05 -0400
> From: Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: heated grips switch
>
> There is definitely a difference between the two settings. It has been a
> while since I installed them, but wasn't there a relay in there too ?
>
> - - Eric

Eric,

Are you absolutely positivly sure there is a difference?  Perhaps they
changed the grips to only have one setting ... although that would surprise
me.  I'm not an EE, but I would think that if both switch positions are
wired together (like they are on my harness), then there can only be
on/off.

What role do you think the relay has in providing the two settings?  I can't
tell how the whole thing is wired up without taking apart the harness.  I
don't think I want to go there....

brian
briank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      (play)
briank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (work)