Re: Pannier Questions

Martin,
I can only recommend that you seriously consider whether you really need the topbox; the side panniers fit snugly, and are barely wider than the bars; they keep the weight distribution low and perhaps even have a positive effect on handling. Conversely I have the top rack plate, Givi converter plate and a Givi 36 and 45l box (have tried both).  This badly affects handling above 120kph (70mph), especially in crosswinds, and if taking any significant weight I notice it makes turn-in on corners alot slower.  I have really given up on using the topbox, unless under intense pressure from a pillion for the backrest option, as it ruins an otherwise excellent handling bike.
cheers
Jonathan

>>> <TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx> 05/07/99 06:29:39 >>>

In a message dated 7/4/99 11:56:38 AM,