RE: Shifter and Rear Brake levers (was: first trip)

'Twas me. I failed to check the clearance and had the lovely experience of
having the linkage snap while on my way to work one morning. You can get a
bit more adjustment by futzing with the arm attached to the engine side of
the linkage. It's splined, but it's position is not otherwise restricted.

> I'm wondering if the position of the shifter and rear brake are set at
> the factory or by the dealer when the bike is setup...

Factory, I think. It seems to be the same on all of them I have seen.

> Mark

End of st-digest V1999 #130