Re: Brakes & Fairing Replacement

At 03:54 PM 7/5/99 -0400, Eric Sheley wrote:
>At 06:16 PM 07/03/1999 -0500, Richard & Lisa White wrote:

>>Today we also picked up the right fairing piece which will replace the
>>piece that met the garage floor.  One difference:  The old piece has
>>heavy foam in the interior and the new piece has none!  You can't really
>>take the foam off of the old piece an put it on the new, either, without
>>ripping it.  From its placement, I figure the foam it to protect the
>>engine/radiator, etc., in a lay down and perhaps for sound dampening.
>>As it stands, I've put the new piece on, without any foam. Should I
>>address this with my dealer or just not worry about it?
>
>Well - the piece carries it's own part number, so I would assume that it
>doesn't come standard when you order the fairing. It has an aluminized heat
>shield and is designed to protect the fairing from the heat of the pipes.
>It should be replaced.
>
>part number is T2301804 and is labelled as "Heat pad - belly pan RH" from
>frame 12-3 of the part fiche
>
>There is also a part for the left side (plain foam)
>
>part number is T2301805 and is labelled as "Foam pad - bellypan LH" also on
>frame 12-3

Hmm.  My RHS belly pan is Original Equipment and has the heat pad.  My LHS
belly pan is Original Equipment and has the foam pad.  My RHS fairing is
Original Equipment and has the foam pads.  My LHS fairing is a replacement
and has no pad of any kind.

I know the heat pad is to protect the belly pan, as it is right up close to
the pipe.  The fairing is quite a ways out from everything, however, and I
assume that if there is a RHS foam pad it is for noise reduction only.

Eric, do you know if there is a foam pad for the RHS fairing as well, and
what the parts number is?

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx