Re: first trip, five to six shifting

> I think it is a little bit of both. The transmission definitely becomes smoother with age<

I definitely agree with this.  Lisa's bike with over 3500 miles on it is
very smootha and shifts into neutral with ease.  Mine on teh other hand
is a little stiffer, and is still very difficult to get into neutral
from first gear.  Also, I recall riding my brothers '98 Katana while it
was still in break in and I thought it was horrible how stiff his
transmission was.  After a suitable break in, it is better.

..Richard

Sorry if the post is late and the thread already dead.  I am just now
catching up on e-mails.