Re: RE: Shifter and Rear Brake levers (was: first trip)

In a message dated 7/5/99 7:28:07 AM, rickd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I'm wondering if the position of the shifter and rear brake are set at
> the factory or by the dealer when the bike is setup...

Factory, I think. It seems to be the same on all of them I have seen.

My ST came with the shift lever in a satisfactory position for me-fairly
low-the lever is almost parallel to the linkage rod, which puts the side of
my boot sole quite close to the rod. Should I get a spare one, or thread a
piece of steel rod to keep as a spare?