st-digest - the list that gets you connected

I said earlier today:
>>So far, since March, I have only ever seen 1 other ST on the road in
>>England....where are you lot?

A funny thing happened to me arriving back at my bike parked in central
London - a bloke comes up to me and starts talking about the email I had
sent only this morning to this list...he is looking to buy an ST.
It's a smaller world than I thought, Eric!

>>though I have bent both my luggage keys
>>getting the panniers off the frame. A small design weakness that BMW
got
>>round years ago with swivel heads.
>
>how have you bent the keys ?

When opening the catch on the locks holding the panniers to the frame,
it is easy to bend the key as the lock flap puts pressure on the key if
the pannier is all the way in.  This can happen especially when the
locks are new and the catches are stiff. Try it sometime on someone
else's panniers, and you'll see what I mean.  If the "head" of the key
is hinged, and can swivel sideways on the "shank" (what is the technical
word for this thingy?) then there would not be this problem. Am I making
sense?

Ride free.
- --
martin