Yahoooooooo!

Just got back to the office, having spent a rather extended lunch hour
picking up my "new" ST.
Yeeehaaaa! Man is this thing great. I didn't take Eric's advice about not
taking a test ride, and have been suffering ever since. It took a major
bunch of concessions to win the SO over, but last night we talked and talked
and today I now own that very same bike I test rode lo those many weeks ago.
After the test ride I plunked down a deposit and they went looking for a Red
Sprint ST, and came up empty. At the time it wasn't a problem as I was still
in negotiations about how we were going to afford this. They found a couple,
but those dealers weren't willing to give them up. Getting the best Sport
Tourer nod from Cycle World definitely made these bikes a hot item. Then
they got a black one, but I passed. (A few weeks ago, reminiscing about all
my favorite rides of the past, I came to the realization that all three of
my favorite bikes were red. Must be some kind of deep seated psychological
thing.) Anyway, the dealer asked if I would be interested in buying the
demo. I thought about it, talked a deal, then set about in earnest to win
over the SO. So, for the sticker price of the bike, they are throwing in the
rear hugger (already installed), the three bag hard luggage set and top
rack. Absolutely worked for me. So the bags and rack are on order an I am
flying pretty high.

In two days we head for the Sierra's, Donner Lake (near Lake Tahoe), for a
ten day vacation. It looks like I won't have to worry about the 1980 Honda
CB650C not making it, and the parts are still out on the 1980 Yamaha XS650SG
Special that I had been planning on reassembling in time. Unfortunately, the
parts didn't get back yet, so I made this last ditch effort last night, and
now .......  Yeehaaa!!!

I'll send a trip report when I return. Now at last, I feel like "belong" to
the group, not that I ever felt the least bit unwelcome. Time to go home,
maybe by the LONG route tonight.

Paul Master - Customer Service Manager
TRW Data Services, 300 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA 94612-3540
Ph (510) 645-3456; Fax (510) 465-4580; email  master@xxxxxxx
<mailto:master@xxxxxxx>