Valve check results

Hi All,
well, the good news is that the dealer agreed to do the valve check for free, on the basis that this is my 3rd bike from them, (they make plenty out of me on services, parts etc.) - and on the basis that he wanted to know if the ST was any better than the 595/509.
The bad news is that two valves were out of spec, down to 0.05" clearance or less.  2 were at 0.010" the rest were 0.015" or more.  Within another 5-10tkm the 0.05s might have closed to zero and started burning the valves.
The compression results were very good - all 3 very close together, and in spec.
I have a copy of the technical sheet and will scan it and send to Eric next week.

Overall, this suggests that it IS still worthwhile having your valves checked at 10,000km - try to persuade the dealer to do it as a freebie (it does not take long to check the valves, as they had it open to derestrict it in any case) or to send the bill to Triumph.  In any case, as Eric suggested when you go in, say something like "my valve gear sounds noisy"  (no silly retorts please Patrick!).  He might get the hint or send you to a doctor :)

I am very impressed with the excellent service, reliability, courtesy and patience shown by my dealer - if all are this good it must explain a lot of Triumph's success - probably just as important as the product in the first place.... just try going to a BMW garage here to see how to put people off buying a bike - unhelpful, arrogant, treat you like an idiot etc.

have fun!  Off down the Mosel valley this weekend for the winefests..... see you there?
Jonathan