Re: Cure of ST bar height

 >At 08:55 AM 07/09/1999 -0500, Jack Hays wrote:
 >back last night the bars felt like they were almost too high. Man did it
 >feel good to get back on Merlin. Tons more torque and smooth pulling
 >power under 2,000 that the Duck didn't have. And comfort! Talk about
 >mirror shake! Forget it on the Duck under 4,000. The whole fairing and
 >mirrors are buzzing like crazy.

I think that's one of the reasons I have had no complaints on the mirrors -
all my other bikes were so bad that this has been a marked improvement.

 >	I know that Eric and some others have the Gen-Mar risers for a week or
 >so now. What are your opinions? Waiting to order but was concerned when
 >one of our posters stated that the brake cable seemed to be made with
 >the connectors incorrectly.

I talked to Paul (who had the problem) already about that, but I guess I
forgot to post to the list.

The new brake cable is manufactured by Galfer (sp?), the same people that
make the awesome replacement brake pads that so many seen to love. Like the
cables I have had made by Goodridge, the cables have swivel fittings on the
end. Looking at the cables, you would not realize this, but by placing a
drill bit through one of the open ends, the connector can be twisted to the
appropriate angle. It can also be done while on the bike (good news for me
as I did not have to pull the cable), but it is recommended that you do it
before installation. The only other concern on the brake lines was a
difference in angle on the bend of the connectors. There is a difference,
but not enough to cause concern (connectors on the caliper are slightly
offset instead of one on top of the other), so it will remain the same.

I am in the process of diagramming a new route for the clutch cable, as the
current route causes the cable to be pulled tight in a full left turn of
the bars. If anyone gets the risers between now and then, I will help you
out with that off line.

As for the risers, I have been very happy with the results. It has made a
noticeable difference in conjunction with the taller screen. I will
probably be pulling the taller screen this weekend as we are starting to
come into the really hot months and I want more airflow, so I will report
how they feel with the stock screens next week.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

- - Eric