RE: That good old mailing list

At 09:47 AM 07/08/1999 +0100, Martin Wilson wrote:
 >I'm fairly new to the list.
 >Is this problem something I should worry about ?
 >And what is it ?

One of the listers (I believe is was Lisa White) had an electrical problem.
After examining the wiring near the ignition switch, it was found that the
wire tie and placement of the cable was causing the insulation to be worn
through. Many listers checked the problem and several found it to be
wearing through on their bikes as well - most simply removed the cable tie
or added one in a different location.

I am not sure if this has been changed on newer ST's - the names of those
that had the problem were sent through to Triumph by Triumph of America - I
am not sure what the final outcome was - but, as you can tell from Walter's
email, it is worth checking.

- - Eric