- -----Original Message-----
From:	Raymond J Bergstra [SMTP:raymond_j_bergstra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Thursday, July 08, 1999 2:20 PM
To:	whiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:	Jeffrey S Klaus; Susan E Carter
Subject:	Re: MX4T oil

Dear Mr. White,

Thanks for your interest in Mobil's new line of Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oils.  Your
question on the differences between Mobil 1 MX4T and Mobil 1 for Triumph is a
good one.

First of all, both products are premium quality fully synthetic motorcycle oils
that will provide exceptional performance in all 4-stroke motorcycles.  There a
couple of small differences in the products, as part of their and expected
application and target market segments, but the core high performance additive
system is the same for each product.

Mobil 1 for Triumph is a SAE 15W-50 grade product, based on Mobil's European
Mobil 1.  This product was fully tested by Triumph in-house and therefore is
fully approved and recommended as the preferred product for Triumph motorcycles.

Mobil 1 MX4T is an SAE 10W-40 viscosity grade developed for the US market, where
a 10W-40 grade is preferred for 4-stroke motorcycles, particularly Japanese
sport models

In addition, we offer Mobil 1 V-Twin, an SAE 20W-50 grade, targetted for
hot-running V-Twin powered bikes, particularily those that are air cooled.

As mentioned above, all three products will provide excellent performance and
durability in any 4-stroke motorbike.  However, we offer the different grades to
target the needs of different customers and different motorcycle manufacturer's
recommendations.

Please let me know if you require any further information, and again, thank you
for your interest in Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oil.

Ray Bergstra
Automotive Product Manager

Jeffrey S Klaus
07/08/99 02:35 PM