RE: heat

Has any one else experienced this? It occurs to me that most of the US
moto-magazine boys must have done their testing in the winter. Similarly, in

the English climate, which I have biked in, a little warmth to the nether
regions, I am sure, is most comforting.
Unless there is a solution, I think my otherwise lovely ST will become my
around-town commuter, which it is not particularly good at, and my
winter-touring bike. HELP! Dave Collins, San Diego

Hi Dave. I live in Dallas so we definitely experience our share of heat here
too. I agree with you that the bun warming is a problem but it is not just
the ST. I rode the Daytona for a day and after that the ST was downright
cool in comparison. I've experienced the same thing when I rode my friend's
916. When I asked my dealer about the problem he said it is a problem all
bike manufacturers when dealing with fully faired bikes. My '95 Sprint
didn't hardly have this problem at all since it only had a 1/2 fairing. I've
never ridden the VFR or any other fully faired bikes so maybe we can get
some input from others in the group. I've adapted to the heat here in Texas
so it really hasn't caused me to consider not riding the ST.