RE: Valve Clearances

I am currently at 10247 miles which means in about a month or so I will be
doing the 12000 mile check up.  I did not do a 6000 mile check on the valves
because I am not paying for it.  I will let you know what my results are.
Eric is correct about not having an established pattern yet.  He is also
right about break in being a possibility.  I think we can be fairly certain
however that the valves were in spec when they left the factory.  So there
is two points to plot a line for.
Is there anybody on the list who has had problems with valves in previous
years of this motor?  The same question but reversed, anybody had previous
version of this motor and not had any valve problems?

Martin