Re: re: heat

In a message dated 7/13/99 3:16:30 PM, steven.kohlscheen@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< During the summer I ride with a
CamelBak (70 oz) which I fill with a mixture of water and Gatorade - the
hose comes over my right shoulder and allows me to drink whenever I want.

Remember that there are three times when a rider should drink water: when
he's thirsty, when he isn't thirsty, and in between .....

I agree. I use a Bota-Bladder obtainable from First Gear (Hein Gericke). It
is a plastic bag about a foot long and 2 1/4" wide with a drinking tube and
valve attached Their Timbuktu jacket has a special pocket for it, but I had a
pocket sewn into the inside left front of my Triumph Triple Connection
jacket, and I let the tube hang out of the partially unzipped front. It is
smaller than a camelback.