RE: New file uploaded

At 09:46 AM 07/15/1999 -0500, Dennis Tackett wrote:
 >Eric,
 >Is this real carbon fibre or plastic?

According to the information from Steve, it is a Carbon Fibre look alike
product. I would assume that they did this for durability reasons where it
would possible be exposed to more rubbing damage from your boots ? From the
looks of the picture it is a very nice looking bit (some faux CF I've seen
looks really poor)

 >I am looking to put as many carbon
 >fibre bits on my black ST as available (until I run out of money or my wife
 >looks in my checkbook.

As long as you have checks in the checkbook there's plenty of money left -
at least that's the logic my wife uses .....

 > I would really like to replace the plastic pieces on
 >the inside of the fairing. I think this would stiffen it up a bit and add to
 >the looks.

Are you talking about the bits under the screen or the pieces below the
dash or both ?

In any event, I agree it would really look sharp. As Steve Lilley seems to
be the CF king (ever seen the Lilley Ultra Light?) I've cc'd him on this
email as well - he is on the digest version so he doesn't always see the
posts same day - plus he actually claims to be busy at the shop ..... I've
only ever seen pictures of him sitting about drinking coffee so I'm not too
sure about that ...... :-)

- - Eric