Subject: Re: Alternative racks.
Author:  "Jonathan Schulster" <Schulster@xxxxxxxxxxx> at Internet
Date:    7/15/99 2:16 PM

Just to give another view, I had a Renntec unit on my T509; the black tubular
construction looked cheap and the fixings to the rear subframe had to be bent to
fit, and used up all the underseat space (filled with brackets and inaccessible
nuts).  I would say it looked alot worse than the rather neat Triumph grabrail
or rack unit, and it was rated to a load of only 2.5kg - which sounds about
right before it would bend!  The cost (from Jack Lilley) was about £45, while
the standard rack here in Germany is about DM200 (£60).

I guess its down to a matter of personal preference for looks, but in terms of
usuable load carrying there is no dispute!!!  The Triumph unit can take a
fully-loaded 45 litre Givi box (weight >20kg) without serious problem.  Try that
on a Renntec and you will need a new Givi box (and possibly subframe!).... a
friend tried it :(

cheers
Jonathan