Re: Newbie!

At 10:48 AM 07/16/1999 -0700, etaylor@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >         I'm new to the list but just wanted to say hi.  I foolishly took
 >     an ST on a test ride recently and as a result had to trade in my 98
 >     Sprint Exec!  Love my new red beauty and am looking forward to lots of
 >     enjoyable miles.

Evan, you have joined the list earlier. Anyone here can tell you - DON'T
TEST RIDE THE ST ! unless you plan on going home with one. Several on the
list have tried to resist, but within weeks have been reduces to quivering
pools of primordial ooze. Their only salvation was immediate purchase of an
ST .....

 >  Please excuse these questions, I'm sure they've been
 >     dealt with before;

actually only days before ....

 > (1) Are there any aftermarket handlebar kits like
 >     the Storz Performance kit that will replace the stock clip-ons? (2) Is

well, the stock bars are not clip ons. One of the listers saw an ST at
Laguna with a set of riser bars from Two Brothers, but the look installed
was not all that good. If installed under the top triple tree you will
leave the cut outs exposed for the stock bars (plus you may not get enough
height) and if you mount them on top of the triple tree they look very
awkward. Plus at $331 plus the cost of a new brake line, you are talking
about a lot of money that could be spent instead on a new exhaust ....

Gen Mar has made risers for the ST - at 1.5". There are pictures on the ST
site under the accessory section - $139 gets you risers and a new front
brake line.

 >     there any way to deal with the heat emanating from the lower left side
 >     of the bike?  Thanks, Evan Taylor

FW'd a previous message on the subject for you.

- - Eric