The official Triumph ST tank bag

Am I the first one to invest in one of these?  I hope not, as I have a
really dumb question.  All the pictures I've seen of this bag have the wide
(bulbous) end forward and the narrow end (with the pouch for the rain cover)
to the rear. . .  However, the mounting instructions (vague at best) and the
dimensions of the mount itself suggest just the opposite (as you view the ST
tank from the top, the "hand indentations" in the front of the tank suit the
narrow end and the wider portion of the tank from the center on to the
mid-back of the tank suit the big end of the mount/bag).  Even the map pouch
suggests "narrow-front, wide-rear"  as the narrow end has mounting snaps and
the wide end just a flap with velcro (that would flap in the breeze if it
faced forward).

Does anyone have experience with this unit?  I have it mounted and while it
looks weird I anticipate it will work.

Thanks in advance for some direction

Mark Gibson