Triumph Open Day...

Hello All
I've just come back from the Triumph Open Day and I thought some of the list
members may like to hear about it.
I figure that a load of UK list members will also have taken the trip to
Hinckley, as there was almost as many ST's as there was 595/955's
The main thing I noticed was that the ST's will be available in Silver, Blue
and Yellow. I think it looks great in the Blue and the Silver.
The main event at the open day was a slimmed down version of the factory
tour, this took you through the entire process of materials, manufacture of
parts and assembly.  The only problems were Triumph employees stopping
everyone taking pictures (except in the paint shop?) and at the end of the
production line, in the final inspection area, they were taking a T509 on to
the rolling road, to demonstrate how they "road test" every bike off the
production line.  This involves a large tin box, almost like a mobile dyno,
in which they test the front and rear brake performance and the power and
speed the motor produces.
It was a strange feeling imaging my ST going through that process only 2
months ago (mine was built on may 5th).
If there are any UK list members that have not been on the FULL tour, it's
free and ran about 3 times a week, just call in your local dealer and put
your name down, well worth the visit.

I've sent Eric a few pictures of the Blue and Silver ST's that I managed to
get pictures of (much to the annoyance of the Triumph staff) so he will
hopefully put them up on the web site.

Rig

www.rigsville.demon.co.uk