Re: RE: Tyre Problem

Sounds about right - my BT57 was fried (squared off) in 2000km with my girlfriend and luggage - the new Pirelli Dragon GTS did about the same with more luggage and a heavier pillion with no signs of abnormal wear.  Perhaps the Dragon has heavier side walls - it certainly has 2mm more rear tread depth.  The '57 is not a good tyre for two up touring - take a look at the notes from Walter on his trip to the Alps.

cheers
Jonathan

>>> "Martin Wilson" <banzaibandit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 16/07/99 18:25:00 >>>
Now you mention it, the first time I noticed them was after a 25 mile trip
two up.
Does this indicate excessive tyre flex with the extra weight on board (Don't
tell the girl friend I said that !)
If so it's a bit worrying as at the end of August I'm going to be doing
about 3000 miles two up in the South of France !!!
Martin W.
Triumph Sprint ST (99)
Bandit6
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/