Re: RE: RE: Tyre Problem

I truely believe that the tires (and windshield for that matter) were selected for this bike to keep the bike competetive in the SPORT/touring class.  I do not think these tires were designed to be for heavyweight touring, but more for making the bike handle 1-up, thus giving it better reviews.   My tires exhibited the same phenomon, which occured when the bike was new.  Probable cause was underinflation....which causes more heat buildup, thus making the softer side compound even softer, thus rippling more at the transition point between the hard center and soft side when doing the twisties.  For 2-up I would bump up the air pressure a bit, just as you would give the rear suspension more preload.

>>> "Martin Wilson" <banzaibandit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/19 11:01 AM >>>
Does this mean I'll have to find somewhere to replace the rear while I'm on
Holiday ?
Where are the notes from Walter ? (on the ST site ?)

Martin W.
Triumph Sprint ST (99)
Bandit6
Too Dangerous to live, Too Stupid to Die
http://www.onewheelsenough.freeserve.co.uk/BanzaiBAndit/