Re: New lurker...+long term reliability?

At 09:28 PM 07/20/1999 -0400, Allen Armistead wrote:
 >Just joined the ST list and am following instructions:  My name is Allen
 >and I'm in Orlando, Florida, USA.  Current ride is a 1996 Honda VT1100
 >Shadow.

Greetings Allen - I'm in Port St John - just south of Titusville.

 >I am about to buy a new bike and am looking for some feedback.  I've
 >narrowed the list to two choices, the Kawasaki ZRX1100 and the Triumph
 >Sprint ST.  I know these are completely different bikes, but I like them
 >both (actually, I'd like to buy them both, but have not struck it rich
 >yet).

Lotto's over 50 Million this week .....

 >My question:  What kind of longer term reliability are you experiencing
 >with the ST?  My bike is my daily transportation and I rack up miles
 >quickly (both city and highway).  I'd hate to buy this bike and end up
 >doing a bunch of repairs on it after a year or two.  Anyone have
 >25k-miles or more on one yet?

I'm not sure if anyone on the list has that many miles on yet. I know a
couple off list that do and have sent them both emails. I haven't received
any panic emails from them though, so I assume all is well (I'm sure I
would hear from them if there was a problem)

A couple of the early bikes have gone through a couple radiators, but other
than that most of the things have been pretty minor. Plus I have never had
a problem with the warranty (which you will have for 2 yrs) and there is an
extended policy available. Also, the shop in Orlando (on Old Winter Garden)
is awesome - if you have any concerns, go in and talk to Thad - he is the
service manager and has never left me hanging on a service issue. The ST
marks the 3rd new Triumph I have purchased at Cycle Riders .... and believe
me I wouldn't have been back if I was not satisfied with the marquee AND
the service after the sale.

Hope that helps a little

- - Eric