coolant hose chaffing

On the left hand side of the bike, look through the cooling air outlet of the fairing and you will find a cooling water hose that runs near the engine.  On mine I noticed that the hose has been chaffing (from expansion and contraction) on one of the engine mounting fasteners.  I inspected the hose and found a small amount wear on it at that point.  BAD!! Potential Failure Point!!!  To remediate the problem before it occured, I cut a piece of rubber sheet and stuck it there in place between the hose and the fastener.  This was a quick fix, and I do plan to do a better job on it when I have the time (unlikely since I seem to spend all of my extra time riding the bike!!).  I would also advise everyone to pull the fairing sides off and inspect all hoses, brake lines, electrical wires, clutch cable, and anything else that could have potential chaffing problems...especially near the steering head.