RE: coolant hose chaffing

I would also advise everyone to pull the fairing sides off and inspect all
hoses, brake lines, electrical wires, clutch cable, and anything else that
could have potential chaffing problems...especially near the steering head.

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I love this list. Every winter I do a major
cleaning and maintenance on my bikes. I strip off the bodywork and do a
thorough cleaning and inspection of every cable, hose and part I can find.
It keeps me occupied during the cold weather (I know, we're wimps down here
compared to our Canadian, eh, brothers). I'll check the spot you mentioned
and do a more detailed inspection in December.
Dennis.