RE: Fuel Guage

At 07:19 AM 07/22/1999 -0700, Bruce McCurdy wrote:
 >My first one broke after three weeks.  Had it replaced.  The second one
 >broke after three days.  I've been using the odometer since then and
 >refuel every 100-150 miles, depending on convenience.  I understand that
 >Triumph is working out a new one, but my dealer advises they haven't
 >seen it yet.

We should be seeing the new gauges soon. Triumph has finally stopped
replacing them until the new units hit the field.

For David A.,

The gauge even after replacement will take about 80-100 miles to come off
of full. The reason for this is the sensor tube cannot go all the way to
the top of the tank because of the angle of the back of the tank. It takes
about 80-100 miles to drain the fuel to the top of the sensor. Also, the
tank gets narrower as you go down so the needle will drop quick as you get
down the tank. These properties of the gauge will not change after the new
fix, but the bouncing needle and yellow light with a full tank etc will be
solved.

- - Eric

End of st-digest V1999 #148