RE: Alarm location

At 10:50 PM 07/23/1999 +0100, Martin Wilson wrote:
 >When I picked up my Sprint I noticed there was no red LED for the alarm.
 >When I questioned the mechanic he said the Sprint doesn't have one.
 >Is he pulling a fast one ?
 >Or is it the case that UK Sprints don't have them ?

The UK Sprints have them, just like all the rest.

As David and Jack both stated, it is located in the 3rd light (position
light, running light - whatever you want to call it) on the front fairing -
and unless you have the alarm installed, you won't see it. If you pull the
cockpit fairing it is easy to see.

It can be disconnected on the inside, so if yours is not working, maybe
your connector has come off. If they don't believe you, have them look at
page 16.5 of the service manual - the alarm LED cord is at the top of the
diagram.

- - Eric