Re: MCN

Motorcycle Consumer News gives the Sprint ST a nice write up in the August
issue.  Basically, they admit that on twisty roads "we were able to go
slightly faster with less effort on Honda's VFR" but that this was "the only
significant area in which the Sprint trails the VFR."  In my testing, I'd
have to agree with the former comment entirely.  They do, however, temper
that statement by saying the Sprint had 42 lbs of bags on and that the
Bridgestones may not be as good at the Dunlops.  (I'd agree with that as
well).

A couple of  things I question, however, are the 507 lb wet weight (10 lbs
less than the VFR).  The Sprint feels heavier to me.  They also say that the
Sprint has 9.5 less horsepower on top than the VFR.  (To me they're even at
least.)

Despite only trailing the VFR in one area, MCN gives the nod to the VFR for
some reason.  Though they say the Sprint is "not that far off" and state that
either bike is an excellent choice.

El Ricardo
The Woodlands, TX