Re: the ST virus....

At 10:43 AM 07/26/1999 +0200, Carlo Costanzo - SUN Italy wrote:
 >Don't tell me!!! I've been in and out of the shop so many times
 >in 10500 Km (mainly to get my radiator changed ... but not only!)
 >that they can't stand to see me any more.

Has anyone beside Carlo had more than 1 radiator replaced?

 >Btw, I had my valve clearance checked during the 10K service and
 >2 out of 12 were closed down. So I was told as they did not note
 >down which ones and by how much.

did they adjust them ? Just kept record of all the clearances in their head
as they worked ?

 >I am also finding that general quality of the work done by the
 >local (one and only) dealer here in Milan gets worse each time.

Sorry to hear of your dealer problems. A bad dealer can do a lot to tarnish
the name of a marquee, and I am constantly amazed at how long consistently
poor dealers are allowed to keep their franchise. What I have found with
"poor" dealerships here in the country is that they are all too happy to be
your friend when you are laying out your cash and even do a good job on
easy services (like oil changes etc). But once they must use their brain or
are faced with a complex problem, all bets are off. Is there anyone over
them that you can complain to (importer / agent / etc) ?

- - Eric