Re: RE: ST ergonomics

I think that there is a general concensus here that the Gen-Mar Risers are more comfortable...
but are there any disadvantages?  I am hearing too much good!!  If they were that great, Triumph would have built the bike with taller handlebars....   Here are my "at glance" observations...so tell me if I am right or wrong!!

slow riding?   I think they would be definately good.

long trips?    At higher speeds, do you feel like you are going to be blown off?  Is there enough weight on the bars to effectively make quick maneuvers for the unexpected?  Are they uncomfortable when you are tucked in behind the fairing, say in a pelting rainstorm?

what about sport riding (tucked in, butt hanging off the seat in turns)?  It seems that the stock location would be better in this case...please tell me if I am wrong!

I would think that they would be a must have deal with the taller windscreen though.

Has anyone taken them off because of not liking them?