Re: the ST virus....

Thanks Eric!

=> >Don't tell me!!! I've been in and out of the shop so many times
=> >in 10500 Km (mainly to get my radiator changed ... but not only!)
=> >that they can't stand to see me any more.
=>
=>Has anyone beside Carlo had more than 1 radiator replaced?
=>
=> >Btw, I had my valve clearance checked during the 10K service and
=> >2 out of 12 were closed down. So I was told as they did not note
=> >down which ones and by how much.
=>
=>did they adjust them ? Just kept record of all the clearances in
=>their head as they worked ?
=>

I really don't know how they did it. I would assume and hope they
did it the right way. When I asked, they just said 2 were out and
that was all I could get out of them.

=> >I am also finding that general quality of the work done by the
=> >local (one and only) dealer here in Milan gets worse each time.
=>
=>Sorry to hear of your dealer problems. A bad dealer can do a lot to
=>tarnish the name of a marquee, and I am constantly amazed at how long
=>consistently poor dealers are allowed to keep their franchise. What I
=>have found with "poor" dealerships here in the country is that they
=>are all too happy to be your friend when you are laying out your cash
=>and even do a good job on easy services (like oil changes etc). But
=>once they must use their brain or are faced with a complex problem,
=>all bets are off. Is there anyone over them that you can complain to
=>(importer / agent / etc) ?
=>

Along with being dealers, they actually are the agent and importer
as well.
Problems with them actually only started this year. Up until last
year I always got great service from them and it is one of other
reasons why I decided to stick with Triumph when I changed my bike.
This year their sales have more than doubled but number of meccanics
is still the same which is surely the main cause for the lower level
of service. Doing things too quickly will never get them right!
Also, up to last year they had their own shop separated from the
others but, as I already mentioned, the same organisation also
imports Harleys and Buells and now they have one big service center
for all brands even though each with dedicated meccanics. In a
smaller place with less people it is much easier to get attention.

Anyhow, the engine was tuned very nicely and I starting to have lots
of fun again. I just hope it lasts for a while considering that next
week I'm off on vacation and lots and lots of miles ...

Ciao,
Carlo
All Black ST

End of st-digest V1999 #153