Re: RE: ST ergonomics

From: David Arnett
> I think that there is a general concensus here that the Gen-Mar Risers are
more comfortable...
> but are there any disadvantages?   !!  If they were that great, Triumph
would have built the bike with taller >handlebars....

One hole for Triumph. They should offer acessory bars!!! BMW does this for a
few bikes. I would personally pay for an optional set of bars, there is
plenty of room inside the fairing, adjustable maybe!?

> At higher speeds, do you feel like you are going to be blown off?

No. very comfortable at higher speeds also, I am still very well balanced.

>Is there enough weight on the bars to effectively make quick maneuvers for
the unexpected?

IMHO I think this is an advantage to the higher bars. I find it much easier
to turn a bike using my arms to throw the bike where I want it, extra weight
from your upper body can only slow the process down. I really noticed this
when I had the opportunity to use the ST in a Battle Trax (Buell parking lot
race) event.

>Are they uncomfortable when you are tucked in behind the fairing, say in a
pelting rainstorm?

Can't answer that yet.

> what about sport riding (tucked in, butt hanging off the seat in turns)?
It seems that the stock location would >be better in this case...please tell
me if I am wrong!

Could be a plus for the stock bars here, but again I would prefer to use my
arms to turn the bike.

> Has anyone taken them off because of not liking them?

Not me, I could go for a bit more actually.

Paul & Dee Steinbacher
1999 Sprint ST
1997 Buell M2