Re: the ST virus....

=>Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:36:09 +0200
=>From: "Jonathan Schulster" <Schulster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
=>
=>Just a complete guess, but since so few others have had any problems
=>with radiators, and two owners have had repetitive problems; could it
=>be something OTHER than the radiator which is causing the problems eg.
=>- stress due to misaligned frame;
=>- problems with the mounting bolts or locators
=>- contact with something else on the frame or engine
=>

The conclusions reached by my dealer were:
a) I am a very unlucky person (which in some cases has been true :-))
b) The bike has above average vibrations which is causing the problem.
   This may be true as the bike does vibrate quite a bit. It is not
   excesively annoying although I have not had the possibility to
   compare with another ST.
   Anyhow, this time they have mounted the radiator on some sort of
   silent blocks hoping that this resolves the problem. If it happens
   again there is surely something wrong in the structure and I will
   take adequate measures.

=>It just seems strange that 99.8% of radiators would exhibit no
=>problems; including those from the same batches as your faulty ones,
=>but that unrelated ones fitted to two bikes would exhibit the same
=>problems each time.....
=>

I definately agree with you here!!!

=>I really hope you find the solution and that you feel happy enough
=>to keep the bike; I have no doubts about keeping it despite the
=>numerous unrelated problems I have had, as long as the dealer keeps
=>fixing them with the same dedication and determination :)
=>

So do I because I really love the bike but considering that I use it
quite a lot including long trips and through all seasons, I really
count on reliability.
With regard to the dealer, I wish I could say the same for mine .....

=>cheers
=>Jonathan (bonafide rocket scientist - we have alot of these kinds
=>of problems with spacecraft!)

Ciao,
Carlo
All Black ST